WHAT is it?
The Adelaide AIAA Student Aerospace Club is for students with an interest in aeronautics and astronautics. We are open to all University students, not just those studying the Aerospace Engineering degree.
The AIAA is the largest technical society devoted to the progress of engineering and science in aviation and space.
The Adelaide Student Branch of the AIAA was established in March 1999, and is based in the School of Mechanical Engineering.
WHY should I join?
For a small annual membership fee ($5), branch members have the opportunity to take part in activities including:
- Trips to air shows around Australia and access to areas not normally available to the public
- Attending seminars presented by professionals in the aerospace field
- Social activities with students with interest in the aerospace field, as well as local industry dignitaries
- Witnessing rocket launches by the Australian Space Research Institute during 3 day Woomera Field Trip
- Annual careers evening with unique networking opportunities and presentations from local and international aerospace industries.
- Up to date information about current events in the Aerospace industry
- The ability to participate in practical projects including the design and build of aircraft and spacecraft
- An encouraging group of friends who will always be happy to help you along throughout your career
- Free food and drinks at our semester BBQs
WHO are you affiliated with?
Adelaide University Student Branch membership is independent from membership of the AIAA Professional Society. You do not have to be an AIAA society member to join the Student Branch.
For more information on becoming a Student Member of the AIAA professional society Click Here