AUU Clubs are changing our mail policy
The AUU has had to make some changes to our mail policy in response to COVID-19. In the long run they will provide much more flexibility for Clubs while also contributing environmentally by reducing paper wastage.
What is changing?
- The AUU will no longer take delivery of regular mail, and we will cease to provide pigeonholes to clubs.
- We will require all Clubs to go paperless for subscriptions, bank statements and other regular correspondence.
- We will encourage clubs to utilise free parcel lockers provided by Australia Post for larger ‘one-off’ deliveries.
To give clubs enough time to make the necessary changes, the new policy will take effect from the 27th of July 2020. This date aligns with the beginning of Semester 2, 2020. As the pigeon holes will no longer be operation after this date, please ensure that you take your clubs mail as we will not be keeping it. We will be disposing of all left over mail on the 7th of August, 2020 (Friday Week 2 Semester 2).
- Paperless bank statements:
As we will no longer be accepting printed bank statements, bills, subscriptions or other mail, we are asking each club to contact their banks, institutions and other organisations and update to paperless, emailed statements and correspondence. Please use your clubs main email to ensure bank statements continued to be emailed to the club after the changeover of committee members.
How do I do this?
Simply contact the relevant organisation or institution, or go onto their website and follow the prompts. When done so, you will start receiving all correspondence or statements online, this will ensure everything is saved and accessible on your clubs email account.
- Parcel Lockers:
For online purchases and deliveries we are asking all clubs to find an alternative location to pick up their parcels. A parcel locker is free to rent from Australia Post, and accessible to all clubs. Parcel lockers are located all over the state, however the University of Adelaide has one on campus. Simply go to the Australia Post and sign up.
We recommend signing up to the parcel locker at the University or in the city to ensure future committee members have easy access to the Clubs locker.
There is one on campus at: Adelaide University LPO (Level 4 Hub Central, North Tce, Adelaide, 5000)
Some alternative locations in the CBD are…
- Adelaide Halifax St Post Shop (5-7 Halifax St, Adelaide, 5000)
- Adelaide Rundle Mall Post Shop (59 City Cross Arc, Adelaide 5000)
- Adelaide Business Centre (252 Gouger St, Adelaide, 5000)
- Adelaide Hutt St Post Office (190 Hutt St, Adelaide, 5000)
- North Adelaide Melbourne Street LPO (Shop 1168 Melbourne Street, North Adelaide, 5006)
If this does not suit your club, you can sign up to alternative locations.
For a full and comprehensive list of post offices near you, look at: https://auspost.com.au/receiving/alternative-delivery-addresses/use-a-247-parcel-locker
How do I do this?
Log on to the Australia Post website and create a free account. Follow the prompts to sign up for a locker. This can be one here:
If, due to exceptional circumstances, your club is unable to sign up for a parcel locker, please get in touch with us at email@example.com, or call us on 08 8313 5401 to make alternative arrangements.
Thank you for your cooperation in creating a safer, more cohesive and club friendly system!
The Clubs Admin Staff