Positions Currently Available at the Adelaide University Union
Please note: below are listed positions available with the Adelaide University Union, NOT to be confused with our Jobs Board, which lists available paid positions at various businesses and organisations around Adelaide and the surrounds.
- 2 year fixed term, full time contract
- Fast paced, creative, student focused organisation
- Exciting and dynamic team
The Adelaide University Union (AUU) is looking for an experienced Senior Engagement/Communication/Marketing professional who is keen to lead a creative, fast paced team.
The AUU is the key provider of social, cultural, and support services to all students of the University of Adelaide. We aim to offer students access to a range of exciting programs, activities and events that engage students on all levels across all campuses at the University of Adelaide.
We are a small close knit team who are passionate about what we do and continually strive to make a difference to the student experience on campus.
About the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity to shape the student experience at the University. We are looking for a Senior Engagement/Communication/Marketing professional who is able to take our existing programs and activities to the next level. The Engagement Manager will be responsible for all AUU student engagement activities, clubs, student employment, volunteering, marketing, membership and communications.
This is a newly created leadership position that is crucial in ensuring AUU engagement with all students and the University community is at its best.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has a communications, marketing and events background. Your ability to develop and foster relationships is key to being successful in this position. This role has a lot of scope to be creative and innovative and we welcome someone who has new ideas on how to engage with all of our stakeholders.
We need a strategic thinker, but also someone who is operational and is not shy of getting involved and helping out when needed. You shine through your organisational skills and your ability to communicate to people at all levels.
What we can offer you:
- An attractive remuneration package commensurate with experience.
- Additional leave arrangements
- Free gym membership at the onsite gym, Fitness Hub
- Free AUU membership which provides discounts on merchandise and at various partners in and around the city.
- Flexible work options
- Staff wellness initiatives
- A fun and active social club and lots of team building activities
Position descriptions can be found here. If you have any enquiries regarding the position please email email@example.com.
Once you have read the position description and think that this role is for you, please submit a cover letter together with your CV and at least two current referees by clicking the “Apply Now” button on the following seek listing:
Applications close COB 3rd February 2021. Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Only those eligible to work in Australia need apply for this position
SENIOR RETAIL ASSISTANT - The General
- Casual position up to 38 hours per week
- Looking for an experienced Retail Assistant
- Must be available from 9:30 – 5:30 Monday to Friday – No weekend work!
The General, is a small on-campus convenience store located at the University of Adelaide North Terrace Campus.
Our range includes general conveniences, grab and go food items and stationery products. We pride ourselves on our quality product, excellent customer service and an energetic store environment.
Our team works in a fun, exciting and fast-paced environment and we are now looking at applications to expand our team ready for semester 1!
Reporting to the Store Manager, you will be responsible for delivering outstanding customer service and assisting with the store stock control and ordering, sales performance and presentation.
This is a hands-on role and your responsibilities include:
- Ordering and maintenance of stock control, including processing of invoices.
- Maintaining exceptional standards of customer service and store presentation;
- Assist with store layout to create an inviting and product focused environment;
- Support the Store Manager to achieve weekly and monthly team goals;
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Availability to work Monday to Friday up to 38 hours per week.
- Previous experience in a similar role required.
- Bright bubbly personality with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment whilst multi-tasking.
Application closing date 12th February 2021. To apply please click here and apply through the Seek.com platform.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted further.