We can provide information and assistance for students accessing and navigating Centrelink payments.
If you are a new customer, you will find information on how to claim through the following link:
Student care staff have experience in understanding Centrelink and can assist you with the following:
- Advice and information regarding basic eligibility
- Support and referral for appeals against Centrelink decisions
- Referral for advice regarding tribunal hearings if needed
We can liaise with a student payment officer at Centrelink to facilitate the provision of accurate and timely information regarding student payments. The most common Centrelink payments offered to students studying at the University of Adelaide include:
- Youth Allowance
Masters Courses and Centrelink
You can only receive a student payment for a government “approved” Masters by Coursework program. The Department of Social Services conducts an assessment process each year and invites higher education providers to submit their professionally oriented coursework masters programs for assessment.
Visit the Department of Social Services website to find out more about eligibility for Centrelink support and the list of eligible courses.
Scroll down to University of Adelaide for the current information:
PhD and Doctorate studies are NOT approved courses under current Social Security legislation.
If a student is requested by Centrelink to provide proof of full time enrolment, the easy way is to upload your unofficial transcript. Sometimes Centrelink will request official confirmation and you may apply for a letter request from the University if needed.
Please see the following link for further information on this service:
Sometimes a student will be required to provide confirmation of certain enrolment details. Student Care staff only have access to check unofficial transcripts, thus can only confirm the information on this document and cannot do the following:
- Provide letters on University of Adelaide letterhead.
- Provide confirmation of time/date of withdrawal from courses.
- Confirm cross institutional arrangements/enrolment/units and subsequent credit transfer.
- Interpret study plans and provide clarification on how a program operates eg units, pre-requisites etc.