Assignments / Primary Exams
If you sit formal exams with the University of Adelaide you need to be aware of the current Policies. These policies apply whether the exams are invigilated or online. Please refer to the University's Assessment Policies and Exam Rules page HERE for information regarding assessment, what to do if you are unable to attend you exams, and Academic Honesty requirements.
• Reference all work that is not your own in assignments.
• Seek an early extension if needed. Don’t leave this till the last minute or when it is too late!
• Set up a calendar and block out exam prep sessions.
• Seek support if you feel you don’t have everything under control.
• Check your course guide and ensure you understand what type of exam you are sitting.
• See an Education and Welfare Officer if you are concerned or need help with any of the above.
View THIS LINK for further assistance
For further clarification contact us at Student Care 8313 5430 email@example.com
Online Exam Information during COVID-19
• Online exams will be conducted through the University’s MyUni portal.
• Computers will be available at the University for students to use
• Keep in mind that not all computer labs at North Terrace and Waite are open, and not all workstations with the required social distancing will be available when you need it. If planning on using a Uni computer, allow plenty of time to secure one.
• If you don’t have access to a computer at home at the time your exam is scheduled, please contact your course coordinator to arrange a replacement exam
• If you experience technology issues during an exam, you should call the Online Exam Call Centre to enable this to be logged and you will be able to request a Replacement Exam (+61 8 8313 3311 )
• Make sure you test your technology before your exams are due to begin. Think about using a stable browser, and ensuring you have a strong internet connection
• Go through and understand the University’s assessment policies:
Assessment Safety Net during COVID-19
Adjustments have been made for Assessment & Grades for Review Period One, 2020
Find out about the following changes to the University grading system for this review period:
- Pass Non-Graded (PNG): All students will be given the option to choose whether to have any passing grade converted into the new Pass Non-Graded (PNG) grade –note there are a few exemptions. If students choose this option, their PNG grade will not count towards their grade point average (GPA) calculations. Students will be given this option following, rather than prior to, receiving their results.
- Fails converted to Withdraw No Fails (WNF): All Fail grades will be changed to WNF. A WNF grade does not count towards GPA calculations. (note - a Fail grade under the Academic Honesty Policy will stand).
- Results Pending (RP): RP can be utilised where components of courses are postponed to subsequent teaching periods.
Requirements for Replacement Exams
Be aware of the following:
Before the Primary Examination
"Modified arrangements will not be granted for minor ailments, travel, employment, family, customary, sport or leisure commitments, problems with balancing workloads or normal exam stress or anxiety" (see section 1 of the Policy)
"Students who submit an application for a Replacement Examination at least 3 business days before the date of the Primary Examination, will be notified of the outcome of the application at least 24 hours before the Primary Examination" (section 7 of the Policy)
During the Primary Examination
Students who become ill on the way to or during the exam must notify an exam invigilator at the venue and apply for a replacement exam.
It is important to know that if you sit the primary exam you will not be eligible for a replacement exam unless an issue arose during the exam and you made an exam supervisor aware before 50% of the time had lapsed.
All requests must be on the ‘Application for Replacement Examination or Assessment Extension’ form (link below) as a Medical Certificate on its own will not be acceptable.
Replacement Exam Application Form
The full Modified Arrangements for Coursework Assessment Policy can be found here: MACA Policy