As an organisation that’s run by students, for students, one of our goals at the Adelaide University Union is to encourage an exciting, unique campus culture. We believe that clubs and societies, our Clubs community, are one of the most important parts of any student’s time here. That’s why we run a grants program for clubs — so we can work with student groups to create experiences people will remember for the rest of their lives.
Please sign in to access the Apply for Club Grants link.
The Clubs grants program aims to promote a dynamic, collaborative and inclusive student experience. It does this by encouraging clubs to engage with each other, the Union, and the student community in the creation of unique, innovative experiences and opportunities.
Clubs grants are split into different categories based on the type of funding/activities. They include the following:
- Basic Resource Grants: funding for essential items like banners, flyers, and a special New Club Start-Up grant (apply via email to Clubs Admin)
- Minor Grants: funding for small-medium events and equipment or resources (apply via email to Clubs Admin)
- Major Grants: funding for large-scale events (apply via email to Clubs Admin)
- Campus Impact Grants: funding for large on-campus events/projects that are innovative, inclusive, and contribute to the student cultural experience (apply via email to Clubs Admin)
To read the full info and instructions for applying for grants in different categories, see our Grants Guidelines.
Grants will not be provided retrospectively for costs already incurred OR for the purchase of alcohol.
If you're not sure what a grant proposal might look like, take a look at this simple grant example.
Minor Activities Grants and Major Activities Grants
These grants require additional review and approval, so there are deadlines for submissions.
You should always submit applications as early as possible.
Keep in mind the following points while applying:
- Applications should be submitted as early as possible
- Applications must not take place before the relevant outcome date
- Applications for purchases or events that have already taken place will not be approved
- Failure to submit a timely application may result in rejection of your application
2020 GRANT APPLICATION DEADLINES to be listed here soon.