About the Program
The Student Experience Program is an 8 month program designed to help you gain experience in events and marketing, take charge of your professional development, and shape campus culture at the University of Adelaide.
We are looking for creative, energetic, entrepreneurial, and driven students who represent our diverse student population and have valuable insights into student needs and interests. Students from all campuses and faculties are encouraged to apply.
What’s in it for you?
• Student Experience directors will receive a $500 honorarium pro rata for their successful participation.
• Access to exclusive workshops and training sessions tailored to your areas of interest.
• Opportunity to develop skills in event management, marketing, and other disciplines relevant to your professional development goals.
• Opportunity to build your CV with professional references.
• Free Union membership and access to Union discounts
- Be a student at the University of Adelaide.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the University community and student experience.
- Demonstrate an interest in event management and marketing.
- Demonstrate a considered approach to personal professional development.
- Be able to commit to the Union’s Student Experience Director Program for an eight month period and to attend weekly meetings during term time.
During the program Student Experience Directors are expected to:
- Actively participate in activities.
- Operate in a professional manner.
- Be available to attend all weekly meetings and workshops.
- Be available to participate all in nominated events and field trip.
- Be able to work independently with a basic level of instruction and within a group environment.
- Online applications close at 5PM FRIDAY 12 MARCH 2021.
- Applications will be assessed based on the selection criteria. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by 16 March 2021.
- Successful applications may be required to attend an informal interview on March 19 2021.
- The Student Experience Director program will commence during the week of 23 March 2021.
DOWNLOAD THE PROSPECTUS
Projects and Opportunities
Weekly Workshops and Meetings
Student Experience Directors will meet on a weekly basis to discuss professional development goals, share insights, hear from industry professionals, and to check in on the progress of group projects. Suitable meeting dates will be determined by the group.
Union Key Projects
Student Experience Directors will be invited to select several events from the 2020 calendar. These events will offer the opportunity for hands-on experience with event planning and delivery.
Drawing on skills and experience gained from workshops and Union Key Projects, Student Experience Directors will be given the opportunity to design, plan, and execute a collaborative event. This event will be supported through ongoing check-ins and planning sessions with the Union Events and Marketing team.
Student Experience Directors will select and attend an Adelaide-based event. This event will serve as a case study to explore events and marketing concepts in practice.